That’s right. It’s a healthier, better for you ice cream. Just scroll down to the nutritional data, it is packed with protein! When I saw this recipe in Oxygen magazine, I couldn’t wait to try it and dig in. I hope you all feel the same!! By the way, this recipe is the bag and shake method. It’s a great way to eat healthier and get a great arm work out in the process! I am sure if you have an ice cream machine, you can alter the method as well.
Ready in 10 minutes
Makes Two Servings
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 peppermint candy, crushed
- 1/2 cup salt
- Mix ingredients together, except for peppermint candy and salt, in a bowl. You can also use a blender to make it quicker.
- Pour mixture into a sandwich-sized resealable bag and add crushed peppermint pieces. Seal the bag and set it aside.
- Fill a gallon-sized bag half way with ice. Add 1/2 cup table salt. Place the small bag into the large bag and seal.
- Shake the bag vigorously for 5 minutes until mixture is creamy. Remove bag and rinse off salt. Open smaller bag and serve.
Nutritional Data: Calories 106, Total Fats 3g, Saturated Fat 2g, Total Carbohydrates 6g, Sugars 4g, Protein 13g